Writing this note today to mention my favorite ssh client for windows. My unix admin duties have required me to use ssh for years and I have tried many clients including puTTy, kiTTy, ZOC and secureCRT.
I have various problems with the mentioned clients as they don’t all meet my requirements.
My ssh client must:
- save credentials (not just keys although that is a good practice)
- save sessions
- have a tabbed view
- handle editors nicely with color including nano and vi
- allow one click or command line access
- integrate into windows nicely
- allow me to transfer files in and out over the same connection
I presently don’t use my ssh client for proxy type connections although I suppose that is a valid reason for many.
After many years I found Xshell from NetSarang (http://www.netsarang.com/download/down_xsh.html). It meets all of my requirements and comes with a 30 day eval or full school/home license.